Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Curry...simple

Curry
This was good, really good. Simple and when you let the flavors sit overnight, the better it tastes. Since I love spicy curry I added a little more cayenne pepper than I have listed below. Go by desired taste with spices.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups almond milk (I choose almond milk because I like the taste better than cow's milk)
2 1/2 - 3 tsp curry powder
2 Tbls flour
2 Tbls butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 garlic clove - minced
2 to 3 cups of various veggies (I added red onions, various colored mini peppers, mushrooms, cauliflower, carrots, & celery.) I like my curry full of veggies, so you can as much or as little as you like.

Preparation:
In a medium sauce pan or wok sauce pan, over low heat, melt butter and curry for a minute or two.
Stir flour & spices.
Mix in milk over medium heat, cook until sauce has thickened and bubbles.
Add veggies and cook until desired tenderness.

Serve with brown rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment