Sunday, May 13, 2012

Tabbuleh





This is one of favorite salads that I've been meaning to make for a long time. It is a good as when I tried it for the first time. I took out cumin because I'm not a huge fan of the taste.


Tabbuleh

Ingredients:
1 cup Bulgar Wheat
1.5 cups parsley minced (I like the curled)
1/8 cup mint finely chopped
1 stick green onion finely slices
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 roma tomato diced
1.5 Tbls lemon juice
1.5 Tbls olive oil
1/2 Tbls green jalapeno tabasco sauce


To prepare Bulgar:
Place 1 cup Bulgar in a bowl. Pour 1 cup boiling water over Bulgar and let stand for an hour.

In a large bowl mix together all ingredients, except lemon juice & oil. Add lemon juice and chill for 30 to 45 minutes. Right before serving toss olive oil and green sauce.

Serve under chicken or just as a side.

No comments:

Post a Comment