Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Carrots!

Since I received one of the most amazing desert cook books for christmas and the best spring form pan I've ever had the opportunity to bake with, it's been an amazing adventure! (Thanks Trisha) I'm going to wear the pan out in no time!

I decided to do something a little different this weekend. I thought a no-bake with carrots would be nice and refreshing. I love carrots and I love cheesecake, perfect.
So I got the needed ingredients for the no-bake. It's quite tasty, but a little rubbery considering used gelatin. I think I will use evaporated milk in the future, there is more flavor and sweetness and the cream cheese flavor doesn't hide under the gelatin. Although...I couldn't stop eating the cake; it was so refreshing and reminded me of summer. I thought maybe, just maybe, it would bring the heat and sunshine of summer back faster. Sadly, it's colder today than it has been in weeks. Guess I failed at the whole summer thing.

I will get some pictures posted as soon as I can.

My next try will be, baking a carrot cheesecake and top it with sour cream/cream cheese frosting with cinnamon.
Next on the list is a no-bake banana with melted toblerone chocolate.

On the queue:
Green Tea
White Chocolate with Raspberry cream sauce
Mint Chocolate chip Ice cream cake

I am welcomed to yummy suggestions! :)

-shan

No comments:

Post a Comment